MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. -- The Saturday house fire on Spring Street was accidental and caused by the failure of an electrical wire, according to Mount Kisco Fire Chief Mario Muccioli.
Mount Kisco's Fire Department responded to the blaze at 125 Spring St., on Saturday at 4:13 a.m., according to the chief.
Mutual aid included fire departments from Bedford Hills, Katonah and Yorktown Heights he said. The Mount Kisco Volunteer Ambulance Corps and Westchester County's Cause and Origin Team also responded, according to Muccioli.
The fire in Mount Kisco displaced a family of two adults and four children, Carolyn Sherwin, a volunteer spokeswoman with the Red Cross, told Daily Voice on Saturday. She added that the family was given emergency shelter.
Sherwin praised the collaborative work between the fire department, ambulance corps and Red Cross, saying there was a "textbook example of emergency services working together."
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.